Eat like a man – and lose weight!By Susie Burrell | Jun 02, 11 01:23 PM
Many women would like to think that when it comes to weight loss, they have a thing or two to teach the men in their life - but as nutritionist Susie Burrell discovers, paying more attention to the way men eat can help shed the kilos…
For men, weight loss is simple. There doesn’t seem to be the, “oh, but I have been good” mental debates, or justifications of, “just one and I will make up for it tomorrow”. Generally, they approach weight loss much the same way as they approach life - with a singular focus on what they are doing, no exceptions.
Here are the top tips we can take from men when working on our own weight loss.
1) Don’t think, just do. No rationalisations, no excuses. Get a plan and stick to it.
2) Ignore the influence of others. Don’t worry what your friend is doing just concentrate on what you need to do.
3) Get a plan that suits you and stick to it. Whether it is CSIRO, Biggest Loser, your PT, whatever suits you; just follow it.
4) No excuses. Adjust your thinking so you see ways to achieve what you want, not excuses as to why you have not done it.
5) Keep focused on the end target. By focusing on your long term goal weight it will be easier on a daily basis to make the decisions you need to stay on track