10 ways to change the worldBy Margie Warrell | May 18, 16 07:30 AM
When Margie Warrell saw Brené Brown speak for Business Chicks recently, it made her wonder – how can we change the world together?
What does it take the change the world? It’s a big question with no simple answer. After spending the morning with Dr Brené Brown (hosted by Business Chicks) – a woman whose insights on vulnerability and courage have inspired millions of people around the globe – it’s something that’s been on my mind.
So what does it take in practical, everyday terms to start changing the world? Here are 10 suggestions inspired by the work and words of Brené. I challenge you to do at least five in the next 24 hours and repeat daily thereafter. There’s no telling what ripple effect you may set in motion!
- Encourage someone to think bigger about what is possible for them.
- Do something, however small, to show someone you care about what they care about.
- Sit with an uncomfortable emotion and ask yourself, “What’s the story I’m telling myself about this situation that’s making me feel this way?” Then tell yourself another story that moves you toward a better outcome.
- Lean into discomfort and have a conversation with someone you’ve been putting off.
- Reach out to someone outside your work team or usual “group” and find out what they’re up to and how you may be able to help them.
- Ask someone to help you.
- Instead of assigning blame for something that isn’t as you’d like, do something to change it.
- Lower the mask that you’ve “got it all together” and share something that’s been going on for you with someone you trust.
- Upgrade the value you’ve been putting on yourself – set a firmer boundary, say no to something that just doesn’t light you up or simply raise your asking price!
- Give someone the benefit of the doubt and make the most generous assumption you can about why they may have acted as they have.
This is an extract from Latte magazine. By becoming a Business Chicks Premium member you'll receive a copy directly to your mailbox and well as being a part of a global community of connected women. Join here!